Thursday, 4 October 2012

Learning to crochet.

I am a self-taught hooker (with many thanks to The Knitting and Crochet Bible!) and am very much in the early stages of what will hopefully be a long and productive journey!  I have managed to complete two big (by my standards!) projects and then had a little play around and completed two little projects.  The scarves are each made from 30 Granny squares and are pretty long.  The rose decoration is from this post on Attic24, and the star is from this post on Jellywares - this one was a real challenge as the pictures wouldn't show on the computer screen and the  crochet terminology was American.  I used this webpage for US/UK crochet term conversions.  I had to make a couple of adjustments to the pattern as I went along but am happy with what I produced in the end, and even feeling a bit Christmassy!








4 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I got your message via Christine's blog. I'm so sorry, but I'm keeping my blog private for the meantime. No offense intended to anyone. Thank you for your kind words about my blog. Your crochet looks fab, happy hooking! :) Every blessing to you, Love Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're okay. Maybe catch up with you in the future sometime, and please pass on my thanks to Christine for letting me hijack her post comments to find you!

      Delete
  2. Hello again! Your crafting is very inspirational, Helen. I'm really impressed you've taught yourself to crochet. I've tried to learn but never done much. However, I love the Knitting and Crochet Bible so I should make much more use of it! And I love reading Attic 24, which would make anyone long to crochet.

    P.S. I'm doing a little giveaway on my blog at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Christine, no-one has ever said my crafting is inspirational! Thank you! I have booked myself a little blog-hopping time once four little eyes are firmly shut for the night, so will be popping over to 'visit you' later! Thank you again for your comment :-)

    ReplyDelete