Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Learning a bit more crochet

I wanted to try something new to add to my very small repertoire of crochet skills, so I was inspired by this post on The Lazy Hobbyhopper (which I found through Pinterest) on Granny Ripple.  It took me a while to get my head around the mountain and valley system but as usual, trying it out helped make the penny drop!  The ripples are pretty hard to spot on this scarf, maybe the colours are too similar or the stitches too big or the scarf too narrow, I'm not sure, but hopefully it will still be a nice warm scarf for my sister-in-law whose birthday it is tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I bet she loved it:) Thanks for your fun comment on my blog tonight! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Tina. The scarf went down well - just in time for some chilly days down here in the South-East!

    ReplyDelete