Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Long Term Work-In-Progress (The Knitting One!)

Like any crafter, I have some works-in-progress!  Off the top of my head I can count 3, but there are probably more!  One of my goals for 2014 is to finish these 3 works-in-progress.  Realistically I may finish 2 - one is a sewing (machine) project and the other is a knitting one.  The one I am not likely to finish is a hand-sewn quilt ... say no more!
The knitting project is a throw made up of squares and is called Garden Plot Squares Throw.




I have knitted 9 cream squares, 8 red ones, and 10 blue ones - there are still 3 cream ones, 4 red ones and 2 blue ones left to go, plus a border.  In many ways, this is a great project as I can easily carry around one square at a time and it has been mostly knitted whilst sitting at the sidelines of swimming lessons, tennis lessons, gymnastics lessons and trampolining lessons.  
The pattern comes from The Knitting and Crochet Bible by Claire Crompton and Sue Whiting.
God willing, I'll be posting this on Ginny's Yarn Along later today.

2 comments: