Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Social Knitwork Scarf - What Happened?

At the beginning of 2012 I started a Sky Scarf and this is how it turned out.  At the beginning of 2013 I started a Social Knitwork Scarf but it wasn't quite as successful.  It was harder than I had expected to get people to choose colours, and I resorted to rolling a dice for quite a bit of it! In the end I decided the scarf was long enough after about 8 months I think and I sewed the two ends together which has worked really well - no more dangly scarf ends to try and control!  More recently I made a hat to match my scarf using a pattern in Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Knitting.  Hopefully there will be some matching gloves at some point too!



God willing, I'll be linking this to the Yarn Along on Small Things tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great set. I tend to like cowls and things like that so there's no ends hanging down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna :-) As soon as my kids saw my 'sewn together' scarf they had their out wanting them to be sewn together!

      Delete