Thursday, 30 October 2014

The road to a finished project doesn't always run smoothly!

Do you remember the huge knitted throw I've been working on for ages?  The one I got so close to finishing?  Well, this is what happened!


Yes, that's a gap where there used to be knitted squares!  Sadly, one of the squares got snagged on an upholstery pin so I had to remove it and in the process of doing so I accidentally started removing the wrong square so ended up taking out two squares :-(  They didn't even come out neatly, so couldn't be repaired or re-knitted.  Thankfully I still had leftover wool in the correct colour so new squares could be made: 


Then I just had to block them, sew them into place and finish the border.  The border became a little tricky as it was hard to work out how many peaks to knit and I ended up twice not knitting enough, so had to continue knitting whilst some was attached to the rest of the work, then block it, again, still attached to the work!


 So, all that was left was to sew the last of the border on and then it would finally, finally, finally be done!

God willing I will be putting this onto Ginny's Yarn Along today (Fri 7th Nov 2014).





No comments:

Post a Comment