Wednesday, 25 February 2015

2 socks, 2 hats, 4 bootees

Much to my amazement, 100g of 4-ply from my inherited stash has yielded not only 2 socks, but also 2 hats and 4 bootees!
This picture shows the first and second socks which I previously posted on here:
A pair of very comfy and already much loved socks!
Now, even though at the end of my last post I said I was going to knit the second sock and then take a break from knitting whilst I made a wedding gift for my niece, I felt it was okay just to delay that slightly longer when a friend had twin girls at 33/34 weeks.  Having had a premature baby myself, I remember the importance of getting tiny clothes which are a snug fit and really keep them warm, so I set to and knitted as fast as I could!  The hats were knitted from this pattern - however I didn't follow it exactly (partly through design, and partly through inattention!) and the bootees are an old favourite which I have posted about in the past here.  To make them even smaller, I knitted with 3.25mm needles in 4-ply rather than my usual 4mm needles and double knit.  I had also 'shrunk' the pattern in the past so already had a smaller version to follow!




God willing, I will be sharing this on Ginny's Yarn Along later today - why not pop over and see what other knitters are up to or maybe share something that you are knitting.

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! Those should fit those little babies just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your socks! The pattern is beautiful. And how sweet is this newborn set. Wishing you a wonderful day from sunny southern California :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lilly's Mom! I can only dream of sunshine at the moment as it is bucketing it down here right now! I'm glad there is some sunshine somewhere though - enjoy every minute of it!

      Delete
  3. Hello again, I've nominated for blog for the Liebster Award. Feel free to join in if you wish at http://lillymycat.blogspot.com/2015/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to love booties on my kids

    ReplyDelete